PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 18:19
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously we can expect tomorrow morning when easyJet launch their Summer 2007 schedule the same routes as always; AGP, ALC, FAO, VCE, CIA, PRG & CGN. We really shouldn't complain because they provide a steady flow of passengers, seem to be doing very successfully ploughing the same old routes, and there seems to be a case for why expand if there's no need? The airline has not assigned any new aircraft for EMA in 07 as part of their expansion plans, they do have 3 aircraft not assigned to any particular base, but I don't see any coming here. I can imagine there are a number of airports locally who would love to have easyJet's operation; Coventry, Doncaster/Sheffield, maybe even Birmingham - but if I remember correctly EZY put out a tender in April for these airports, and nothing really came of them so they've stuck here. With the new contract due to be signed any time soon if the current one ends in February, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I doubt they'll leave, as I can't see where they'd go at such short notice.

Any idea what the number of based aircraft and routes is looking like for Thomsonfly? I've heard one B733, one B752 and one B763.

Also any handling news?