PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 11th Nov 2006, 22:17
BHDflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
Sorry Nicola, but I think mainlaine staff in the regions are in far bigger doo doo than any of the Connect people
Sadly Nicola, unfortunately it is true. Its now known that when BACON go to flybe, mainline services from the likes of Edinburgh (although you may not work there I might as well just give an example), will be London City, Heathrow, Gatwick, Madrid and Rome (Not enough work will be left for groundworkers ie-check in staff, baggage handlers, truck drivers etc). It may not seem right to mainline staff that they should have to suffer because of some stupid, pathetic, unprofitable mess of BA Connect, but its now reckoned, sadly, that around half of mainline based staff in EDI, GLA, MAN, NCL, INV, ABZ, and any other base were BACON AND BA both operate, will be REDUNDANT by March the 25th next year. The other half will be lucky to get into flybe, but the trouble is that nobody knows which half they're in

All BA seem to care about long term is Terminal 5, and I'd say, in years to come, Gatwick will be next to go. British Airways only care about London, they're operation in years to come won't even be British.

A renaming to LONDON AIRWAYS?