PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monthly ATCOs salaries in Europe
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2006, 17:34
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurocontrol salary

Hi there,

in view some counterpart of mine hasn't already taken this matter, allow me:

when you get established as an ATCO you'll start making 5500€ net/month. That's a long way from the 1300€ you start with as an ab-initio. It gradually goes up as you succeed going up the training ladder. Of course salary doesn't stop there as experience counts and at the end of your "serviceable" life you can expect quite much more -apart of some allowances-. But cost of living in NL is quite high and the area where we live is not the most lively I've seen -if you don't speak dutch/flemish or german forget the social life after work.

Regardings the spanish salaries: be cautious. It is only some places were they're doing the mega-bucks. Some twr's controllers don't see much more than 3K's a month...except when they get the extra pay -they get 14 pays a year-. That said, the conditions of employment are the best I've heard of in a while. But the way of getting in so far...you must hold a university degree and go through a selection process that starts with an exam that changes every year -from computer use to aviation law- and, once you pass that, then you go through psicotechnicals and interviews, medical, etc... to go to a lengthy 15 months course. Earning about 500€a month in Madrid. Their high succes rate, some claim, resides in the fact that you definitely need a loan to finish and what awaits for you, if you pass, keeps people in the right track.

My 2 eurocents worth of it anyway.
Saludos,
A.