PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2006, 18:10
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Centre Fix it was an Airtours 767 although I can't remember a Dom. Rep flight as a previous poster suggested? Certainly a Florida flight might work but I would have thought it would need to go via another airport such as GLA or MAN for it to be viable?

Still on the subject of possible GSM routes I note that they have announced EDI to Rome-perhaps this could be on the cards at MME especially if they have a look at FR's pax figures on the CIA route? I would definately like to see more cities offered by GSM if indeed they do offer more routes out of MME..PRG and CDG surely could be sustained?

Interesting to hear Air Southwest could start up a new route to NQY-i would have thought a weekly summer service on a DASH 8 would be viable as would perhaps a twice daily BRS rotation. If so we just need FlyBE to add JER (more popular than I imagined when I counted 117 comin off the WW service last Sat) and BHD and I reckon MME has the perfect balance between number of operators and destinations

As for WW unsurprised to see the CDG was 90 mins late in today-good riddance to bad rubbish as i presume this was yet another aircraft going tech-anyone would think they had a fleet of 707s or viscounts the amount this happens!