PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2006, 23:49
spaceman18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by man T2
Hi everyone,
I am currently studying my A-levels in Statistical maths, Physics and French. I have 9 GCSE's at A*-C. I have come to the point where I need to make the decision whether to go to uni to study what probably would be French. Providing I get all B's in my A-levels (which I am on course to do) will a degree in French really be an advantage when applying to 'ctc wings'. I feel that doing a degree would just be a waste of time and money, and I would be much better off just applying to ctc without a degree but good A-levels.
Should I go on and do a degree, or just apply straight away once I have completed my A-levels. Some help please!
I faced a similar problem.... in the end I applied to Uni (also to do French), and took a gap year. So applied to CTC during the gap year, while working to save money for uni.
i was lucky enough to be accepted by CTC so cancelled my uni place, and disappeared to Oz for a few months with my uni money! But my uni place was there as a safety net incase i didnt get CTC.
A word of warning though, if you're applying without flying experience, as was my case... then make sure you've got something up your sleeve to show that you've got what they're looking for.... motivation, commitment etc... which a degree could demonstrate. But they're are plenty of other ways of doing this.
Sometimes I wish Id have done the uni thing, but I forget about that once I get to 'the office'!

Best of luck