PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and "Priority Boarding"
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 21:50
wildweeble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh for an alternative

Ah, CARR30, I'd love to fly anyone but FR; unfortunately they're the only lot doing STN/LIG - the route I use the most. Buzz used to do it, bless 'em. They were lovely. I wish someone else would have a crack at that route!
My issue is not with low cost airlines per se, but with the customer-hating attitude of MOL. And yes, like a lot of people I have particular concerns when this mindset begins to impinge on safety - the case in point here being the possible separation of children and parents onboard.
I drive a couple of times a month from London to Glasgow and back. It costs me £38 per 409 miles and I do it in five and a half hours. That's only an hour longer, door to door, than flying and of course I have my car with me in Glasgow.
I'd happily drive the 450 miles to Limoges, but cannot take my car via the tunnel due to the silly LPG regulations. The ferry costs a bucket and adds about two hours extra.
All suggestions on how to do London Limoges without using FR and in reasonable time and cost appreciated.
A final thought: Recently at the FR ticket desk at STN, as I was paying for my hold luggage (ha!), I told the glum-looking FR staff that although I was sure that they themselves were lovely people, I hated Ryan Air and MOL in particular. "So do we!" they chorused and, for the first time, looked cheerful.