PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 09:42
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow down?

I don't mind a bit of light fantasy now and then, but asking me to believe that kidnapping any company's management would slow down, damage or even negatively impact an operation in Nigeria... that is going far too far! That would be like saying the answer to crime there would be having more policemen.

I like the idea of the old aircraft carrier, actually. A Twin Otter should be able to handle that without any need for arresting gear, I think. After all, the US Navy once did some trials with a C-130 Hercules making carrier landings and take-offs.

Once you have moved operations off-shore then you could do the same for management. They could go back to Aberdeen, Vancouver or wherever and just send memos to the line slime to keep them on the straight and narrow. That would work, I think. Or perhaps you could get one of those sophisticated computer programs that emulate a human to just write the weekly Memo from Management in words no one could understand. 'It has been brought to our attention that certain modalities have been actioned that threaten to negatively impact ongoing operations in certain operational areas involving the operation of rotary-wing aircraft...' etc., etc. There have always been bosses no one could get in to see who almost never put in an appearance so that you could just replace the man with the machine, when probably no one would notice.

Of course you would want a bloody big UPS for the new Management, just to cope with NEPA!