PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - A Guide for Prospective Pilot Employees
Old 11th Oct 2006, 14:34
A3X0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning on ryanair wages

I would like to remind the pilots who want to join Ryanair that:

1)If you are permanent:

More than 50 % of your salary is based on flight pay. Therefore the money you should get according to Ryanair claim is based if you fly 900 h / year.

For Ryanair to guarantee you to fly 900h/year amongs other things they have to make sure the number of pilots employed is equal or less than the number of pilots required.

I think with the size of Ryanair today (more than 100 aircrfat, more than 1200 pilots) it will be more and more difficult to realise this fragile balance (pilot employed < or = the number of pilots required).

Furthermore with the company growing every year, it will be even more difficult to realise this balance.

We can see it already today, it seems already that Ryanair have an excess of pilots for this year and it will be unlikely to fly the 900h/year. Therefore a reduce pay.

This will reduce seriously the pilot salary and maybe the worse is that you do not know what you can expect for your salary in the months to come or years since you do not know how many pilots in excess Ryanair will get each year.

2) For the contractors:

The situation could be worse since their salary is based on flight pay only.

I just wanted to make this observation

A3X0