PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 10:30
anna_list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holes in the Italian schedules

@ cesare.caldi,

The 'free' BGY rotation might not necessarily be used to fly new routes. Remember that BGY - LBC and BGY - PIK were reduced over the Winter. Both seem to run successfully on a daily basis over the Summer.

FR reduced the frequencies of more than 40 routes over the Winter (many of these from STN). I would have thought it likely that most of these will go back to daily for the Summer. In order to achieve this, FR will probably need to use aircraft at continental bases (e.g. BGY, PSA, CIA, GRO etc) to fly STN rotations in order to free up aircraft at STN.

There are a couple of other holes in the Italian schedules that you might be interested in:
  • EMA - CIA will be flown by an EMA based aircraft from the end of February onwards. I would be suprised if CIA - SDR and CIA - NRN didn't switch back to daily.
  • The FR investor day presentation confirmed that PSA will receive a 4th aircraft this Spring. Again, PSA - DUB, PSA - LPL, PSA - LBC and PSA - PIK all ought to be ramped up for the summer.
Note that my predictions are usually spectacularly wrong!