PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 12:59
MAN_Dispatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't expect bmi to start any regional flights out of MME - they have had years to do this, so I really can't see them starting now.

CDG and BFS/BHD are difficult ones with a larger aircraft - I can imagine the likes of BE or maybe T3 making a success of it, but not a B737 operator. ORK would be a good route for Aer Arran in my opinion.

Maybe BD will bring back the JER flight, either with an A319/20 or ERJ from bmi regional, since it was operated for years by BD before becoming a WW flight. If GSM announce JER, however, they will surely make a success of it, as BD used to send F100s and B737s full to JER on a weekend.

It will be great to see GSM making a success of MME and I wish them all the luck in the world.

Who is the initial handling agent for GSM at MME?? I imagine they must have a contract in place by now if they are starting the TFS route this month. It would be nice to see it go to Aviance, as they invested in their own ramp handling recently, and it would be an ideal replacement for the lost bmibaby business. Any ideas?