PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 16:28
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got stiffed by MOL last week travelling down to Toulon....

Back in April or May, I don't remember, booked a ticket for myself, Frau H and a couple of friends.....Four names, Mr H, Frau H, Mr J and Mrs J all on one booking reference.

We knew we would have only one case per couple, so prepaid two cases, but although a single booking ref we had to ' tick ' the cases against two of the four passengers on the booking form....arbitarily I ' ticked ' Mr H and Mr J as the FR booking system does not allow cases to be pre-booked without assigning these to a particular passenger.

On Monday, Mr J informed us that due to an urgent work requirement he would have to travel Friday instead of Thursday, so Thursday morning I checked in along with Frau H and Mrs J and the two cases but without Mr J....

Guess what ?

That's right - at check-in, Mrs J informed that she had no pre-booked case and was required to pay £15 for the outbound and inbound flights....

OK, not a fortune, but had I arbitarily ' ticked ' Mrs J as the case-carrying passenger, then no ' on the day ' charge would have been required....

Can't help wondering if the FR booking site isn't cunningly designed to strip a few more pounds form the passengers on these sort of occasions....particularly as there is no option to assign the pre-booked baggage to the booking reference instead of to the individuals on the booking reference.

Every time I say ' Enough is enough with these tos*ers ' but then give them another chance to stiff me another way a few months later....But this time was absolutely, positively, definitely the last time !! Now it's personal.....