PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ramadan in Bahrain = NO BOOZE????
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 08:57
Ray Darr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vast, ye varmint...! At least a bad day boating n boozing beats a good day workin'.

Lots of options if they do slam the bars shut. Dumb move, in many opinions (even quite a number of Muslim brothers dislike that idea, as PJ pointed out and many of us have heard).

PJ's comment reminds me of the numbers of times going to bars, etc, with a number of friends, and some were Muslim. They simply ordered soft-drinks / fruit juices, etc, and were happy to join in the socializing - and everyone respected them for joining in the group, and not a soul thought negative towards them for it. Nobody forces ANYONE to drink in ANY society, and if you are devout enough to abstain, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL of keeping bars, etc OPEN? Misguided so-called "parliamentarian" intent, methinks.

Another thing that makes me chuckle is how the "Fashion Channel"...during Ramadan, it blanked out, displaying a "The Fashion Channel will not be shown during the Holy Month of Ramadan" on the screen. HUH?? You mean the REST of the year it's not an issue to have "the devout" peeking at the odd nipple that shows on the catwalk fashion-displays?? That essentially makes them PART-TIME devout, doesn't that??

Absolutely NO offence is meant here, but those that want not, or "should not", NEED not...PERIOD!!

Let's hope IB is right here, but I'm not holding my breath that those who wield the power will take that on advisement... Methinks they will order everything to be slammed shut, just like last year.

...The slippery slope continues its downwards trend...As I said, this is yet another nail in the coffin.

Off to go stock up.

~R.D.