PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 12:14
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelling from the Isle of Man to outside the UK always involves two flights each way. People travelling for liesure with inflexible tickets usually allow several hours for connections in case of delay. They often arrive in time to be checked in for an earlier flight. Manx Airlines recognised its responsibility to the Isle of Man community and pax would be allowed to travel earlier if capacity permitted. In the case of BA total inflexibility prevails. I have even had staff laugh at me when I have asked. The problem is BA's completely inflexible rule book administered with no latitude or discretion. I would have some sympathy were pax trying to abuse the privilages of their ticket. When they make a reasonable request to travel earlier, freeing up a seat or two on the next rotation, it seems petty to refuse.

Incidently if you have to to pay the extra for two return tickets per pax it is no wonder inflexible ticketting is chosen.

I appreciate there must be added complications to changing flights under the present security arrangements. My comments are directed at the attitude which prevailed before, and no doubt will return when and if the some of the current tensions are relaxed.