PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O Job Position for sell 250hrs Min
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 05:34
ETOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/O Job Position for sell 250hrs Min

Application and procedure First Officer B737-800
We have received many applications from all over the world with a very various experience of pilots.
As stated in the add pilots have to pay for the typerating if they do not have a current typerating 737-800.
Of course you have the next question how much will it be and what is the guarantee I will have a job after I invested my time and money.
I agree completely, for that reason, before you start the training and make any payment or commitment, you will have a letter of employment from the company to secure your job after completion of training.
Procedure is after you have been reading this additional information and you think this is a great opportunity for you to get your career going please respond and you will receive the application forms from company and CAD.
After you have completed these forms sent them back to my office and I will sent them all together to the company for a first review by the Chief Pilot.
He will make the first decisions and will inform me which pilot can proceed and which pilot we do not consider as an applicant.
After that you will be invited for the interviews and probably a sim session at the trainingcenter. Also at that point you will receive a letter of employment if and when you pass the interview and sim-session and your training will start immediately after that for the typerating.
Costs involved:
AS I have to deal with different kind of pilots and experience we cannot give you an exact amount. Full typerating is Euro 20.000 and MCC course is Euro 5.000 in addition to this other expenses have to be paid for.
Also the sim sessions are included if you pass the interview.
However the sim-session has to be paid if you would not pass this, by the pilot, exact amount is known before your arrival.
We do the training for the typerating with Lufthansa training center in Frankfurt. Training has to be approved by the company and CAD and currently we are working on that.
Also be aware you need to have completed your MCC course prior to the training for the typerating. This is also a requirement from the company and CAD. Pilots who have a typerating on the 737-200 for example need an upgrade and the amount is depending on experience of the pilot so I cannot give you an exact amount at this point but you will have it prior to you start. Also pilots with jet experience but no experience in type will have a different amount to be paid. On top of that all pilots have to convert the licenses into Hongkong licenses and you also have to do the line training.
We are looking for long term employment and company rule is that all captains are from inside upgrade as soon as we have qualified first officers ready for upgrade. For now we need direct entry captains but will change that as soon as possible. First officers who start now will be able to get an upgrade within 3 years from now and some, depending on their previous experience even much earlier. This also makes your investment worth it.
We know we are talking about a large investment for pilots but on the other hand we also know that you will probably not be able to have a captain position on a 737-800 within a reasonable timeframe.
If and when you feel you should be part of this opportunity please let me know and I will sent you the application forms to be completed and returned.
This part will not cost you anything and it even might help you with further applications in the future if you would not join this after all, at least you get some experience in applying for a job.
First officers who have a current typerating only have to pay the recruitment fee which is an amount in once.
Of course you will also have full information prior to your training about salary and other benefits in order to be able to make your final decsion based on costs and income.