PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Helicopter Academy
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 22:34
Blade Sailin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Fay,

The above 'Northernstar's' post seems like it should be taken with a pinch of salt!!!Not quite sure what they are getting at in the post, may I also be pedantic and point out that they have managed to spell 'grandeur' arseways LOL. Ive completed training in Florida before and although Florida's weather is brilliant for expedited training, Ireland offers a more marginal weather climate which demands better pilotage skills and possibly decision making IMHO even though it may take slightly longer!I did give some serious consideration to training in HAI as they have an excellant rep, but Ireland suited me better this time for reasons such as full time college, work etc. I'm a student at EHA and so far so good, ground school is excellant whilst also being good craic and most students in my class achieved first time passes. The school is very professional and has a good atmosphere amongst students and instructors and they sometimes organise trips like group flying and paintballing. They fly the Schweizer 300CBi, with a recent brand new one to their fleet, which are brilliant aircraft to train on. As far as I'm aware all their aircraft are relatively new. The instruction is excellant and thorough Ive noticed and the weather has very rarely been the cause of a complete lesson cancellation. The training environment is excellant because there is many commercial helicopter operations out of this busy airport and it has a tower frequency with ATIS and a VOR on base. The student doesn't have to travel far to the air training area either. Not sure what other info I can provide but feel free to ask a student who is there for a real opinion!

All the best,

Last edited by Blade Sailin; 21st Jul 2006 at 23:17.