PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FRI
Thread: New FRI
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 19:43
ethereal entity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moment of choice

Well, the time has come and gone, and the decision has been made. After 15 yrs of flying for HM Forces (and loved (almost) every minute of it )- I left the decision on whether to stay until the last minute. Spoke to my DO and a few colleagues in 'high places' this week, about the future, career progression (simply more time away, according to DO), and the FRI (A good one would have worked for another 5 yrs or so). All I got told was that the FRI situation would be 'clarified' in the very near future. Too late for me, I'm afraid - I told PMA that I would consider staying but wanted to know the deal - they are obviously not short of pilots or instructors - if you think they are , then perhaps you are mistaken. I will not accept my offer of PAS, and am taking my 4000+hrs and 600+ operational sorties and leaving - I sent the paperwork this morning, and arranged an interview with ThompsonFly this afternoon. It was easy, and am seeing Ryanair and Easy next month.

Maybe it's just me, but I genuinly think that the RAF wants to actively get rid of experienced pilots so it can pay less money to inexperienced guys who are much lower down the payscales, and damn the consequences.

Enjoy PMA - you reap what you sow