PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 2
Thread: MANCHESTER - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 01:18
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAO jack_essex

The PPRUNE 'Airlines, Airports and Routes' section isn't really the appropriate forum for spotting information & queries, indeed some of the moderators may frown upon it. PPRUNE does offer a forum dedicated to enthusiasts' needs which I believe is called "Spotters' Balcony"; take a look on there.

Specifically for Manchester, I hope that the powers here at PPRUNE will not mind me recommending that you visit ringwayreports.co.uk

That site carries everything you could possibly want to know about spotting at MAN including timetables, logs, where-to-go, unusual visiting aircraft etc. It also has links to sites such as TAS which offers further info of this sort.

Many purists here wish to see this thread reserved purely for data regarding the operations of MAN and the airline companies serving the airport. I'm sure you can appreciate the need for this, as aviation professionals have few forums to discuss matters pertinent to their careers whilst enthusiasts are blessed with many websites which serve their needs. However, many in this industry are enthusiasts too - including myself - so I hope you will enjoy a fantastic day at MAN with the help of the aforementioned websites which are more closely matched to your needs.

Meanwhile, to avoid a sharp rap on the knuckles from the mods and ill-feeling from the regulars, both yourself and I are best advised to avoid discussing spotting matters on the "Airlines, Airports and Routes" forum. It is really quite a taboo!

Good luck with your trip and I hope my pointers take you to the information you require.

All the best. SHED.