PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia's end is near?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 13:11
Chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DoMePlease
Well what really bites me was that all along AirAsia said the sold cheap fares to benefit the people... but now that MAS can lower its fare to anything, Air Asia is saying its not fair. What happened to benefitting the people???
It has become unfair because MAS has the resources (most of it not earned themselves) to take losses by offering discounts just to take traffic away from AirAsia and eventually kill AirAsia. I don't see anything wrong with the discounts to students or senior citizens but they should concentrate on being a full service airline. Why are they not concentrating on competing with other full service airlines, but attacking the smaller, weaker little brother?

Yes people will benefit but why create an unfair competition to another company who have made profits from 'day one' when they achieved that by just being hardworking, thrifty and revolutionary. AirAsia never took money from the Government. MAS takes losses using money obtained from the Government which was collected from the tax-payers just to kill another Malaysian company? Why can't both be helped to prosper with each concentrating in their own niche?

I am a Malaysian tax payer and it saddens me that MAS has lost billions of tax-payers money and after decades of operation, they still require government help and intervention to survive. While I am looking forward to MAS getting their act right in the near future for it is a national asset, AirAsia should be encouraged and helped, not killed.

Benefitting the people or not is not the issue here.