PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Conditions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 23:52
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Airconn,

I am based in BNE so the only things I know about MEL base I have heard in the back galley.

When MEL first opened a couple of years ago they got next to no o/nights (maybe 3 or 4 a month). From what I have heard the current average is about 7-9. There still are a couple of day trips and lots of availables (like home reserve but you get paid an hourly rate -above your salary- to work on those days), and airport reserves (no penalty rates).

MEL is now the bigger of the two bases (by about one third), and are slowly getting more and more of the flying (not fast enough in my opinion- my roster is regularily maxed out).

Virgin is also currently in the middle of feasibility studies for setting up an airline from AUS to USA. At this stage we are being looked at to do the flying (straight from the horses mouth), however when I see it on my roster I will believe it.

good luck

love SMILE

ps our EBA ran out last September and we are currentlly being told that it should be up for voting in about August , anything could happen after that. But check out our current EBA on the union website.