PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet
Thread: EasyJet
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 18:21
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In June 38 flights (19 rotations) on BRS-EDI and 20 flights (10 rotations) on BRS-GLA will have been cancelled.

I was due to fly BRS-EDI-BRS on 7 June and two weeks beforehand received an email telling me my flights had been cancelled for 'operational reasons'.

I tried to rebook on an alternative date and then discovered all the cancelled flights - on Tues, Weds and Thurs mainly, with BRS-EDI down to one rotation per day and BRS-GLA down to two on these days, instead of three on both routes.

Full details are in the original BRISTOL thread as I tried to find the reason, having failed with getting this information from the airline. I was then told by an easyJet captain and a PPRuNe moderator in the thread the reason was flight deck shortages.

I am a regular user and supporter of the airline and will give them another chance. I guess my wife and I are typical of many of their leisure customers, viz, retired, active and with the cash, time and wish to use airlines.

There are alternatives to easyJet, even from the West Country, even if it means a slightly longer land journey to a neighbouring airport, so I hope easyJet gets its act together - quickly!