PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet
Thread: EasyJet
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 08:32
southridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to those of you who kindly replied to me and gave the probable reasons for the cancellations.

In the end, a reason was given, and honesty prevailed with the rep. explaining it was due to crew shortage (4th that day).

Yes they were offered alteratives but Monday evening was the first possible flight. Seems as they though they have gone some way towards customer service and said they will pay for hotels but you have to find it yourself (no chance in Malaga on a saturday night).

Sadly if Easyjet continue this way they will lose many of their loyal customers (particularly those of an older generation who are able to travel more frequently). Surely someone in a position of understanding in the CAA or whoever regulates the airlines and needs to start pulling approvals for route frequencies if they can not run their business in a way that they are unable to fulfill effective contracts due to continuing shortage of staff (technical problems I can accept).
I am from a finance background and don't understand how the "beancounters" can justify these supposed cost savings against the amount of compensation they are having to pay.

Any way, good old BA / GB airways stepped in and filled up every available seat at reasonable costs.