PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2006, 17:50
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22" 1991 Alconbury BX

Since I was driving a desk at Wyton, one of my neighbours was Captain in the USAF and I had a 'gas (euugh) barbecue' which expired.

I said I'd always wanted a Weber but only wanted a 'small one'. Next day he came home with an enormous box in his 'station wagon', with the smallest Weber they had in the BX - 22".

It cost me about £20 and resides in my garden, 15 years later. It looks less black and shiny than it used to, but works as only Webers can.

I remember the manual had a perfect looking turkey on the front cover and I didn't believe it was real. So we got a large chicken and stacked the briquettes either side with a drip tray in the middle. We stuck the chicken in the middle, closed the lid and LEFT THE BL**DY THING ALONE. Lo and behold, at the appropriate time, I lifted the lid and there it was - perfect!

I've still got the photo I took - cooked to a T and sublime, I felt like a real smart-arse.

So, it's summer and this dissertation in praise of Webers must come to an end.

Some good stuff comes from the States, the next thing should be Leatherman tools - utterly brilliant!