PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD-11 stab trim vs. TOCG position: Any references available?
Old 17th Jun 2006, 09:44
Loofty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi.

I think, I found the right table you´ll need for your trim settings.
If you can give me your email-address, I´ll send it to you.
(Quality isn´t too brilliant, because my scanner is quite old ... but I think you can work with it.)

The range of the MAC for take-off is according to my books between 12%-34% (according AOM) or 14%-33% (according the load&trim sheet - that´s also our company limit).

Yes, you´re right. Usually we insert the T/O-CG (MAC%) into the FMC and then we will get the right T/O-Trim-setting on the TO/APP-Page.
The "green band" on the Stab trim synoptic (Config-SD or ENG-SD) will be displayed untill take-off as well. If you set the stabilizer into that range (+/-2° of the calculated value), the take-off warning "STABILIZER" won´t sound when pushing the throttles forward.

The normal range for the stabilizer trim is between 1° (AND) and -15.5° (ANU). Settings above these values will turn the indication on the system-display amber.
The max. settings are according to my books (LAMM-Schematics) between 1.3° (AND) and -16° (ANU).

I have no other information, that 1.0° "airplane nose up" (A.N.U.) means exactly a stabilizer setting of -1.0° compared to the zero-mark at the left side of the fuselage.
There is a black mark near the leading edge of the stabilizer on each side of the fuselage. On the left side, it marks the 0°-setting and on the right side of the fuselage, it marks the 3° ANU-setting (normal setting for parking and refueling).

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9922/trim08df.jpg

The trim setting for the landing depends on weight, CG and flap setting. But I think a quite normal stab setting is around 10° ANU.

Hope I was able to help you for your project and I´ll send you the table as soon I´ll have your email-addr.

greetz,
Loofty.