PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2006, 12:08
SayItIsntSo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speediwings,

You make it all sound so simple and obvious…but to just take up a few of your points.

He did not do the flight planning, he and his crew did not wear helmets.”

1. From the GFS base to Cheung Chau is effectively just down the road…it is a case of out through the pass a touch left and it is straight ahead…there was not a hell of a lot more that they needed to do, and I am sure that this route had been done by this pilot many times before.

2. Surely wearing the helmet would not have prevented the accident. If management thought that my safety depended on me wearing a helmet I would suggest it is too dangerous to go. As pilot of a civilian registered helicopter conducting a passenger carrying flight it is, IMHO, my job to ensure that a helmet is not needed.

“He placed the 20 min TOS with higher priority than his life.”

Really? I don’t think so…you may think he did…but I doubt that thought he did.

“Why the pilot had such a sub-standard EQ and IQ was able to pass the recruitment test, training, simulator training, CRM, human factor training, annual checks &.......”

To make such a damming statement you must have had a very intimate personal knowledge of the pilot in question, however I am not sure that everyone who knew the pilot would agree with you, or appreciate your comments.

SIIS