PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Run by Bean-Counters and OHS
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 04:38
The Bullwinkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here, Here!
All those non-amble, disabled, elderly, frail, dimentiaured, blind. Go catch the bus! How dare you expect a little extra service.
Better still, shoot the lot of them - they are way too much trouble and way too much of a risk to the staff we care so much about! and let's not start on the way they overburden the health system. Society would be so much better if we didn't have to deal with them - they are such an imposition. Moreover, it's not fair that all the best parking spaces at the shops are reserved for disabled. Never see them parked there anyway - what a waste!
While we're at it, lets ban babies (might get hurt when you chuck them down the slides and besides they cry too much), women (men) in stockings (friction burn risk), doomsayers (they knew what was coming), fat people (they eat all the peanuts anyway) and the annoying bloke who never stops whining (cause we can).
Man, I'm sure glad I'm perfect.
What a childish response.

While I sympathise with all people with disabilities and their unfortunate set of circumstances, I don't see how it then becomes everybody elses problem to deal with.
If a person becomes disabled ( or differently abled to be politically correct ), it is going to present many hurdles in their everyday life.

One cannot determine what hand an individual will be dealt, and there is no guarantee of good health for any of us.
Of course, we should offer compassion and assistance where we can, but ultimately the individual with the disability is the one who must make the greatest number of changes to their lifestyle.
This could mean that for a certain type of disability, air travel may not be practical, and alternatives may need to be found.

Please don't think for one moment that I am being unsympathetic towards people who are less fortunate than myself. But it is a fact of life that disabilities may preclude a person from certain activities, and they may not be able to do the things that an able-bodied person can.

BW