PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 20:06
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

So, now it starts. New posters obviously angry at the lack of any sign of recognition by either Bristow or CHC of the unique problems encountered in Nigeria, chronic crew shortages looming, talk of associations or unions even in darkest Africa for expats Whatever next? Probably absolutely nothing if history is anything to go by. It won't affect the fancy salaries or lifestyles of the upper echelons of management in these companies, just make it harder for the grunts down at the coalface to cope with ever-increasing workloads caused by increasing crew shortages. Who thinks that Bristow or CHC will take the slightest bit of notice of the possibility of having to deal with an association or union rep? They've managed to screw even quite well-organised workforces on the North Sea, so why should Nigeria or the Global Overseas be any different?
A few concessions will be made, there will be endless promises of better things to come very soon and they hope that all will quieten down and the status quo will return. They'll back down from any obvious upfront confrontation and find other ways to screw people from behind. Surely it must be obvious by now that the monied classes always win. If companies go under, it's only the musfrooms who end up dying in the manure.
I'd love to end up having to eat my hat, but I'm not going out to buy the saucepan to cook it in yet