PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 2
Thread: MANCHESTER - 2
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2006, 23:34
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet

When you look at the destinations that EZY serve from the UK regions (LPL, NCL, EMA, BRS), they are mainly destinations that are already well served from MAN. It is only at the London Airports that they offer more variety in their routes. There's nothing to indicate what destinations they would offer should they ever take the step of operating out of MAN but when there was a rumour going around that they had applied for slots back in 2004, the destinations that they were considering serving from MAN sounded all too familar. AGP, ALC, FAO, BFS... These are all routes that are served in abundance already and we don't need any more of these. The presence of LS, WW and ZB is enough to provide a competitive, low fare service to most of the destinations that EZY serve from LPL and if they were just to replicate these routes out of MAN then the airport isn't really gaining anything from this in my opinion. MAN needs someone like FR to come in and have a go at operating services to new destinations that currently aren't served from MAN. They've gone a good job of giving less popular destinations a go at LPL and I doubt EZY would do this as effectively. But what are the chances of Ryanair making Manchester a hub? Very slim me thinks!