PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speaker and sub set up
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 17:22
joe2812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker and sub set up

Just got my Logitech S500 Speaker System, nowt special but good enough for uni and on the move, but am having difficulty setting it up.

The system has one sub and five speakers (Front Left/Right, Rear Left/Right and Centre), all wired into the sub as they should be.

But i'm wondering how to connect the system to the laptop?

The Front Right speaker has a pink jack with 'Mic In' written on it, which i've tried in the headphone socket, but nothing.

After reading the directions again there is a bit which refers to a large 'multi-type' cable thing, with three jacks at either end (Orange, Black and Green).

The instructions say:

"7. Connect subwoofer to PC sound card using included audio cables: green to front L/R, black to rear L/R and orange to centre/sub."

The sub has corresponding sockets on the back, green, orange and black, so I suppose it goes in there as per the diagram, but where does the other end(s) go?! And why do I need 3 jacks when I only have one headphone and one mic socket?

One speaker has a pink socket with a mic picture next to do it, aswell as a green socket for headphones, but none of the other speakers have a jack to accept any more cables.

As it stands I have a thick cable with green, orange, and black jacks, plugged into the sub but not going anywhere. A random pink jack which comes out of one of the speakers, and no connection with the laptop at all.

Sorry if this is a ramble, but I am up to my eyeballs with cables or various colours and have tried to make sense as best I can!