PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 19:01
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Top accessory is the tin tube with a handle on it and a metal grill near the bottom - fill with charcoal/briquettes with a firelighter at the bottom, stand tube on lower BBQ grill on top of second (lit) firelighter. Leave for 25 mins and then pour grey, ready to cook charcoal either on inside or outside of wire restrainer thingies and crack on. Made by Weber, about £8 in the shops.
Have done 16lb Christmas Turkey using indirect cooking - fabulous but don't forget to use a foil tray full of water to help steam it and keep it moist.
My father-in-law bought me one of these gadgets for Christmas, undoubtedly the best present I have ever had from him!! Light to cooking in about 15 mins I find. I have also done the Christmas turkey on the bbq (indirect method), and a 4 rib of beef and legs of lamb. All come out 'bootiful', perfectly cooked with just a hint of a smoked favour. Roll on the bank holiday weekend, now if I could only use my pressure washer to give the Weber a clean - by Thames Water!!