PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet (Merged 30/05)
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2006, 07:02
bacardi walla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear
[I]Question: If Stansted is so convenient for the city of London, why do most of the executive Biz Jet's that ply the Atlantic, use Farnborough and Luton?
I guess it's because the VIP handling at STN is not upto the standards of FBO's at Farnborough and Luton. Farnborough has brand new facilities, hangar space, full set of equipment and are only limited by the opening hours. Signature at Luton offer 24/7 availability and have their own hangar and a shed load of equipment. They also have management who don't mind spending money to attract customers.

Harrods, Universal and Inflite at Stansted are not 24/7. In fact, Universal actually publish their hours as 0800-2000 local with OOH on request, and they don't even have a full compliment of ground equipment let alone a hangar. By that, I mean they don't even have their own GPU they have to borrow one! As for Harrods at Stansted, I've heard there is unrest with the ground staff so that may have an effect on standards.

Pilots who fly VIP's around dictate VIP service and a friendly smile to greet their passengers, and you just don't get that at Stansted (apart from with Harrods and Inflite who at least are on site longer and have their own equipment and a hangar, and girls to greet the passengers)