PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 27th Mar 2006, 08:56
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you'll still pay

here is what you can expect if you join ryanair without a 737 type rating.If this has changed recently in favour of flight crew i for one will glad to here it.

Captain's with jet time but no 737 rating.

Rating paid for. Wages paid from commencement of training. however you will get a reduced salary that equites to the price of the rating (E 25000)for 5 years and bonded for five years. You will still have to put up for your own accomadation during the type rating which will take 5 weeks. expect something in the region of 3 months from commencement of training to line check.

fo's with jet time but no type rating.

Wages paid from day one, however the amount depends on total jet hours, less than 500 and you be on around 20,000 a year less. you'll pay for type rating and you'll be on half sector pay for 6 month's. no bond however they may require you to pay 6000 for the base check if you leave within two years. expect to wait up to six months depending on the time of the year that you join before you start line training, oh and no sector pay during line training with safety pilot onboard.

fo's with no jet type rating (SO)

Wages from completionof line check(appox. 12000, depending on which way the wind is blowing), half sector pay for 6 months, none during type rating. you'll pay for type rating and again depending on the time of the year wait up to 6 months for line training. no bond, but again 6 grand if you leave inside two years.

having said all that i to have heard stories of fo's telling ryanair that they are unable to raise the funds and have been given the bond option. also i have not seen the 6 g's in writing anywhere so i am unsure how they would enforce this.

typically if they want to hire you they seem to change requirements to suit individual's, i would not be suprised if jumbo got what he said, however he will still be paying somewhere.