PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 20:22
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fatigue study
I spoke to a union official shortly after the so called fatigue study was done.
It was done using a computer model. The person who actually did the study did not fly on any sector, did not attach any measuring devices to crew, did not carry out any sort of breathing, blood or fitness tests on any crew member prior to them flying or post flight,did not evaluate or measure any crew member or members meauring differing sectors, time changes,actual jet lag etc.
How a computer model can say a JFK is not arduous proves what a farce the fatigue study is. How any union can endorse such a study is bewildering.
It is about as farsical as senior union rep saying its ok for officials to break the rules if your a friend of guardian.
The recent posts have many of us reading them around the world reeling in a state of shock.
I was told by a crew member to log on to have a look at what has been now openly admitted and condoned by our union. One thing this double standard has caused is that this site will be very well read over the next few weeks.Our union leaders have proved thay are no better than those they have previously criticised. And NO I am not a former official. It appears anyone who makes a criticism is either a friend of former officials or is a former official. I am neither. I am disgusted and dissapointed.For those who are unaware of the double standard I am referring to please refer to the previous Qantas thread.