PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 23:09
OldBoiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down VOTE NO

I was at the farce of a "roadshow" the other day. More like a "roadshaft" if you ask me. There in front of me stood two pathetic little leprechauns and their ditzy blonde sidekick(ex union rep turned bad) basically telling us we should be thankfull for what we got, there is no more! And then he tried to compare us to overseas crew! Well I've got news for you mr leprechaun, we live in Australia, there aint no clover gardens around here!

Now I'm the first person to realise I work for a low cost carrier, I know we are not going to achieve the save level of wages and conditions as short haul. But low cost does not mean no cost mr leprechaun, I dont work for charity.

As for Workchoices and the fear that the FAAA and company are instilling upon us, well its an utter load of crap. Yes I have mad a few phonecalls of my own, it aint that hard to do FAAA! You cannot be put on a contract unless YOU agree to it and sign it. Up until that time you will remain on our current EBA. Yes they can put new employees on contracts but we are safe. So as for this day of 20th March, its all rubbish.

At the end of the day you are the only one who can decide what is best for you. Do you want BOC flying, rostered only 4, but with live days who knows how many? Do you want to sign off after a BOC and sign on again the very same day for another BOC? Do you want no dedicated crew rest area? Managemant have the gall to stand in that meeting and tell us that the current schedule would not support all those duties? Yes, today, this very minute as it stands, maybe. But do they honestly think we are that bloody stupid? Of course they will build pairings to maximise our hours out. That's what this airline is all about. People will fly at any hour of the day or night, so long as the airfares are cheap enough. And then the silly leprechaun tells us that BOC wont be that hard as all the pax will be asleep!! Have you ever heard of anything so outrageous! Sleep, yeah as if!!

Vote NO. Send them back to the table. We all deserve to be treated with far more respect than this.