PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 11:11
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I VOTE NO to Leave bank......I read the last news letter that said to thank the union delegates... Thanks,,, Thanks for allowing me to work longer hours for less pay and for allowing Bankruptcy to knock at my front door."
I see - so the union reps are responsible for the whole problem then, are they?

Why would you penalise the very people who need these days to represent crew at disciplinaries, sick leave meetings, attend other meetings of importance to crew, etc? What does this achieve? And who does it help?

You don't agree with the EBA - fine, vote No. But don't penalise the very people who volunteer their time to protect and help fellow crew like yourself.

"There are people who will put their hand up."
WHERE? Again - In my many years at this airline (dear lord) I have yet to see a repeated flurry of volunteers for positions of this nature.

We've had two team co-ordinators in my time here (5 years +) and the delegates haven't changed in the last 2 years. No one has put their hand up other than those we all know as our reps.

Funny how when things hit the fan, people all of a sudden put their hand up during EBA - not, of course, during the less glamorous events like people getting sacked, threatened at meetings, monitoring roster builds, and so on.

"Which airline???"
I can't remember (two chardy's later - what do you expect). I believe it was a WA outfit (NJS perhaps - many years ago?). Back in the 90's. I know it happened - I read a report on it. Just can't remember the details. Once my hangover clears tomorrow, will look into it further.

"How can we become more united? Positive input - any suggestions?"
Hooray! A positive contribution!

Educate the youngies on the details and specifics perhaps, and ENCOURAGE them to see things our way?

Ansett and Australian had their fair share of young crew who saw the light thanks to the educating efforts of senior crew. Surely we could do the same!