PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 07:30
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T2...here's some more info...

"Chatted with one of the new employees the other day. Interestingly they were trained in another city even though they were to be based in SYD. They had to foot the bill for all this until someone admitted fault and housed them in the appropriate accommodation. They were told from the outset that they had to pay for their entire accommodation during training. How has this only come to light in recent days?"
NO ONE admitted fault! Our chief rep found out about this dirty little scam and jumped up and down till she was blue in the face. From the outset, the response from the company was "So what? What are you going to do about it?"

After much ranting from the FAAA, the company FINALLY agreed to live with their terms of the EBA. God love 'em. Just when you thought you heard it all...

The company did put something out in the FSO's about cabin manager upgrades recently. Remember reading about it. Nothing new there. Impulse and QantasLink regularly recruited direct entry Pursers (now CM's) even during my tenure. As for the criteria used, I only know that they'd flown for 12 months + elsewhere before.

"Anyway....the same new recruit mentioned that they were too scared to claim any expenses paid to house themselves during the initial training period even though it amounted to $1000. But then again they thought that the EBA was reasonable because Austudy was such a difference to the money they will make now and in any case "flying for 12 hours during the night sounded like fun"!"
AND THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT T2! With attitudes like this among HUNDREDS of our crew across the network, we are in some big trouble if we start talking No vote. Industrial action is no good unless everyone does it. There simply aren't enough senior crew around the network who know better to educate these younger crew members.

Sigh...to be 19 again!