PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 15:22
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Chuckles....
I pondered that too. Digital trickery perhaps. Example..in the film "The Aviator" there is a scene where there this an apron full of Constellations. In reality it was on aircraft, the Vern Raeburn one, digitally duplicated so that it appeared to be 10 or so aircraft. Dunno, but four Harvards in line abreast seems doubtful to me. Unless of course this ex Husband of your ex wifes, cousin brudda can confirm that he actually SAW the said four airccraft in Line abreast, and NOT having just rolled out the local dero club either.!

Chuck... The Picture of P2-TIT brought back memories too. Yorkie talked me into test flying the aircraft out of the hangar after he had engineered it for Ron Slaughter. It hadn't flown for lord knows how long....6/7 years at least and had been parked out in the sun for that time. He assured me it had been inspected to the highest standards.! After I had done some intense inspection of my own, I taxied out and saw the veranda of the Aero Club populated by a gaggle of ghouls all watching to see the resulting drama. I am happy to say, none ensued and I parked it back at PNGAS after an uneventful flight. It worked OK but what a wreck.!! Ron asked Norm Sellen to tske it swsy, and as far as I am aware it is flying in NZ now.

Last edited by Taildragger; 27th Feb 2006 at 15:34.