PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2006, 08:57
69s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just caught up with 10 pages of great posts. I went a bit cranky on this for a few months. Yorkie was my bestmate in Yugimi....he was a great guy if ya made the effort to get to know him! ! EXcellent engineer....still keep in touch with his family. His son Daniel was tragically killed in a car accident 3 years ago in Qld. A sad loss to Kerin and the girls.
Spent a lot of time in the hangar and BBQ'ing at their 9 mile home.
Yorkie was also a wonderful and generous friend to may folks!...did me and many, a lot of favors.....ones we can't return now.

A bit of history...P2-BOX I watched being repaired after another bent ass end. That also happened in West Oz pre 1974 ......based at Jandakot owned by a guy named Tim Russell...dunno who the pilot was. It arrived PNG (painted blue/white....not yellow) about '75/76.....may solve a small mystery
The "Tripela liklik pik na Liklik Retpela hat rebirth" just may have resurfaced after 30 years from this little wood duck. Credit to Supt. Mike Thomas. I still have the original 45's in their cover with the enclosed Pidgin and English printout of the story. Bought them in POM '74 or '75'. Perhaps they are the last copies around??
Best regards to all the expats ....I miss my home....cheers