PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 18:14
Fried_Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jabird
FC,
Not sure if I agree. I use Coventry station quite regularly, and there are a few posters, not to mention the huge T'fly banner promoting the airline in general (which afaik is still there).
Last time I went to book a ticket, someone came in asking about buses. The booking clerk said "we don't know about bus times, you need to go to Pool Meadow for that - the only bus we do know about is the one to the airport."
The bus is also very noticeable in the city centre. Of course they could do more, and they should have done all this for when flights first started, but I think it is reasonalby obvious now. It would be nice to see the signs at Coventry station saying "alight here for Coventry airport", as Orpington has for Biggin Hill, but Virgin Trains would probably want a fair whack for this, judging by what they demand from the taxi drivers.
Yes, quite true that once you get to Coventry, the bus service is well advertised. What I was suggesting was advertising the bus onboard trains (The Loughborough - East Midlands bus is advertised on some MML & Central Trains route posters as well as in onboard literature). It's all about advertising the service to a wide audience (not just to the people that use Coventry station) & making them aware that it's just as easy to get to Coventry Airport from the Train station as it is to get to East Midlands or even Birmingham (which has its own train station)

FC