PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling V1 early
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 18:21
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
deeceethree:

I thank you for your input and I thought I would get back to you when the dust had settled as you requested. After long consideration I don't really think that I owe Alex Whittingham an apology for we are all entitled to our opinions and just because he is a wonderful groundschool instructor doesn't mean that I cannot disagree with him.

I have been training pilots to fly three and four engined aeroplanes since 1967with a great deal of success but that doesn't mean that Alex is not entitled to disagree with me.

Indeed, the late Sandy Thompson, who was a great groundshool guru and for whom I had the utmost admiration, used to be one of my navigators but I still reserved the right to disagree with him.

Finally, most of us on this forum prefer to remain anonymous for obvious reasons but some folks who are not worried about the possible implications for their employment are happy to use their real names. In this case it can pay to advertise.

In your case I am pleased to see that you are following Alex's example but I am wondering how your future wife is going to enjoy being called Mrs deeceethree!