PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 17:37
fastjet2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contacts are important, but they don't get you the job and frankly, you probably won't make the right ones as Cabin Crew anyway.
Maybe for many... However I know of a number of people down here at FTE who have made the transition to Flight Crew from Cabin Crew (often with the same airline) and, put it this way, I wouldn't be embarking on an Airbus course in April if it wasn't for my 2 years as Cabin Crew.

It is hard work... If your dream is to be a pilot then working as Cabin Crew can become downright tedious at times (trust me!)... However, it does provide experience that will no doubt stand you in good stead CRMwise when you do sit in the pointy end. I do, however, totally stand by what Scroggs said - if you want to finance your own flight training then I can think of better paid jobs to finance it if you're not on good terms with a bank! Again, the point has also been made that there are other jobs within the industry that you can do which will also provide you with valuable experience/contacts.

Above all, if you're going to work somewhere before you go and train then it may as well be within the industry unless you need something thats going to pay you super-bucks. If you don't mind the financial opportunity cost then you'll have a lot of fun!

Good luck! FJ2k