PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pulling a Stop to Runway Overruns
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 09:12
OVERTALK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderately Speaking....

JT
I recognize your MFS and alf5071h and apologize for any perceived brusqueness. However intolerant I might seem, I am interested in stopping the pointless overruns. The frustrations arise from "knowing how to" being just drowned (in typical Pprune fashion) by a sea of doubting thomases, many of whom need more than simple convincing. Argument for argument's sake normally sends me scarpering. However I've stuck with this one because I'd like to see somebody somewhere move convincingly on the overrun problem.
However I will also raise you a John Farley and a Tony Spence (ETPS grad) from amongst my familiars. Anthony Brown the well-known Canadian aerodynamicist was a one-time copilot of mine. We've corresponded on major accident causes.
I've previously fought this one out with the famed poisoned dwarf (Bo Plummer, the longest serving RAF A1 QFI) and "Farmer" Rod Brown (2nd longest) - and was not found wanting. Prof Peter Ladkin and I often agree as much as we disagree, but he knows who I am. Ray Hudson (MD-11 and F35 flt control designer) and I have often sparred - and always find middle ground. I've often corresponded with Graeme Braithwaite (Cranfield). I also write for ASW. I could go on.... but won't.
I base my theory on practice - and that's as close as anybody can ever hope to get to a working hypothesis.