PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet
Thread: Cityjet
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2005, 11:54
hotelmodemetar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you read this? There is not the faintest chance in hell of this. For a start the AF subsidiaries are not allowed operate anything that AF mainline do, secondly the scope clause limits subsidiaries to under 100 seats. As it is, Citujet can only book to 100 on the 110 seat -300. Thirdly, the political fallout of giving the Irish subsidiary decent aircraft, while Brit Air and Regional use C/ERJ's, would be huge. This is France remember. The fact that it would make sense to give the best aircraft to the only part of AF shorthaul that makes money is not relevent.
I am not so sure! Look at the Corsican airline "CCM Airlines", they used to have Fokkers 100, but they replaced them by A319 and A320s !! (well, it is also true that Corsican people have strong personality... ).

3 years ago there was already some rumors saying that the Air France B737s were going to cityjet, finally, the strategy would be to get Airbus?!! why not? Air france makes a lot of money with long haul flights, and the short and medium haul is not the priority for Air france.
Moreover Air france wants to get back its Charter airline subsidiary, so i am not very surprised that Cityjet would indeed get Airbus (and why not A330s)..
The future will tell us...

NB: a CRJ cannot land at LCY, am i right?