PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 23:22
WilliDeHavilland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

I am totally new with this forum. I am an aviation enthusiast (needless to say since I'm on here) age 26 going for 27. I read about the CTC sponsorised scheme with easyJet the week before my 26th birthday, and back then it was open to under 26s. Now it seems to be open to under 30s.

Looks like lots of people on here have already been through one or more selection stages.
I have VERY limited flying experience (just a few hours on Cessna 152's) but I read that it is not required. But at the same time I read about people spending thousands of £'s even before having been selected.
What is that I'm missing ? Is it really a sponsorised scheme, or maybe I didn't read the small prints ? I know about the 60 grand cash bond but I thought the cash committment would kick in after you've actually been selected.

Also, does it really start with an online application, or will this just get lost down the drain of the world wide web, unless you phone somebody up and move your application to the top of the pile ?

I don't fear the challenge (there's nothing to lose, only to gain), and in the worse case one will fail which is acceptable - the only thing I can't afford to lose is thousands of bucks for no reason.
So will someone who's been there for longer and more focussed than me give me more insight please ?

Thanks a lot

Will