PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 23rd Nov 2000, 19:04
Lu Zuckerman

Thumbs down

To: Imlanphere

I am well aware of how retreating blade stall manifests itself. My question was, and maybe I was being a smart ass, in the description provided I asked at what time in the compensation for the inflow (pushing the cyclic forward) did the pilot encounter the onset of retreating blade stall?

The way the explanation was presented was that the pilot would compensate for the inflow by pushing the cyclic forward. This makes the helicopter fly faster and the velocity of the inflow increases proportionally. Does the pilot then push forward a bit more to compensate and it goes on and on until you approach retreating blade stall and possibly the restricted VNE.

Regarding the coning journals they had been removed. In checking the maintenance manual
I see that there were four modifications to the journal. Was it because of excessive wear and they changed the material to reduce wear. I don't know, I'm just asking.

------------------
The Cat