PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - strangest freight
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2005, 09:48
African Tech Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock band roadies and stage equipment on a 6 – the strange thing was that when they got they were knackered (it’s hard work), after t/o one asked if he could “check his luggage”, it was down the back so no probs, he was Very happy when he came back, one by one they all “checked their luggage” and all became happy – they carried their own bags off.

Scariest story (from old FE) – flying a 6 from South America to Miami – on landing customs insist on checking cargo despite crew warning they think it opened during flight – crew refuse to open cargo bays – customs very suspicious – crew stand well back – customs open fright bay and are showered by live tarantulas.

If anyone remembers Bernie (and if you meet him you would) – doubt if he’s still around but he deserved to be – Shadwell says Hi.
Memory jogger - he was FE on G-APSA on it’s original delivery from Douglas and did his last flight on her years later.

Nicest flight – the Dak one that took me away from Sumbrough.

Scariest – maybe trying “wingovers” in a Rapide but probably in hindsight survey flights especially when I realised the pilot had left the party AFTER me.