PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Thailand for expats
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2005, 20:35
Oscar.Francois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Airways accept expat pilots but only if you're qualified with types.At the moment they're training their own cadets and also advertising for qualified pilots who are Thai citizens.No matter an FO or Captain position, you have to have jet hours experience. How many (thousand)hours,I really can't remember.

Same goes with Nok air and PB. However,they may have other positions available like instructors but only if you can get a chance to talk to the flight deck admins and then they might bring that up to the meeting.To be honest,Thailand today is not the same as Thailand 50 years ago.If they hired expats to do flying that was because they didn't quite have enough experience in that field, an easy example is Thai airways.After SAS put their hands in to train them as partner,TG learned all they could from them and the regulation that TG pilots will only be Thai citizens was introduced.Why? I guess the answer is very clear.

Although they always in need for pilots, but it would be nicer to hire their own people,even to borrow from the air force sometimes to save the cost and to fill unemployed pilot positions in Thailand. Not that I'm saying you won't have chances.However,I like to point out that both TG and PG are always full with new pilot cadets every year. PB and OX might be a little different but OX (Orient Thai)are unpredictable.They're most busy at Chinese New Year period and then not as busy... Nok Air...I think they're already hiring and borrowing TG pilots(because they're actually TG's) PB...I have no idea how they think.

Goodluck anyway