PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 22nd Feb 2001, 01:05
SPS

It's OK LZ, I'm sure all are clear as a bell
on the fact that you are merely quoting. My
objection to the word was not sent in your direction and you were correct to leave it in, although I understand the thoughts that would make you want to remove it.

I guess the 'word play' on the description (Stunt) will not be challenged as the aircraft was performing 'Stunts' but think it could have been better worded by the writer.

However, it does depict the way the press may stray from accuracy and even fact. It happens often and it is part of what we must endure.

Moving on...

Now call me a cynic if you like but the timing of this renewed investigation bothers me...Only a very short time after the new administration takes office. Of course, it may be that some things are 'held up' in the system when a change is due (and in this case MUST have been as Clinton could not be in office again) but....Hmmmmmmm, I don't know.....

My point is this - If the investigation is politically motivated (and it was rumoured to be so last time, as a high-ranking official's relative had been sadly killed in a Robinson accident) then all is not as it should be.

Mark my words though - If there IS something wrong with the design of the Robinson head it should be investigated and found. the results should give clues as to how the problem may be solved. Working on the assumption that 20 people may fly the average R22, (3500 or so in service right now) that makes 70,000 at risk (including yours truly) and every one of those people (and the ones that may be below the Heli at the time) need to have it looked into.

So, if this is money (litigation) oriented by someone misappropriating power vested in them then I have no time for it.

If it isn't, and is a genuinely made effort to get to the bottom of a problem that may or may not exist then I applaud it.

At least we'll all know one way or the other.
Knowledge and information can beat any enemy
or stop avoidable death and injury.

Just some thoughts boys....