PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2005, 15:51
Night Watchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbrereton

This is not a true statement you are obviously ill informed.

Hummingfrog has answered that one.

No I am not a BOND spin doctor, if so I would have a silly name to hide behind, but I would say you are possibly a Bristows pilot as if you do not know me you do not work for either CHC-Scotia or Bond? So that explains why you are so negative.

Are you saying that you know everyone who currently works for CHC and Bond and their pprune nicknames? Wow, that’s some claim, you must get loads of Christmas cards. Do you really think Bristow pilots are negative?

But on a serious note, some of us using this forum can not be as open as you are. We have to remain anonymous because it is too easy to be labeled as ‘trouble’ by the companies we work for and subsequently side lined. This is where forums such as pprune are so valuable because it allows us to express our opinions without fear of reprisals. If we couldn’t this would be a very boring thread with very guarded postings. Instead we are getting a good open debate over an issue which affects every pilot flying the North Sea.

I was a member of the OILC union at the time that this was all being decided in the early days so I am hardly ill informed.

Well, if you were a member of OILC are you happy now that the ‘dedicated’ SAR aircraft you were promised could be shuttling and used for 3rd party work? Will that happen after discussions with the employees or just go ahead anyway?

One new vessel will operate in the central North Sea, a second in the northern sector and a third in the area in between. The four ships will replace six standby ships which have a total of 144 crew.

You mention the location of three ships and then refer to them as ‘four ships’. Where does the other one come in or is this more spin?

This is about safety offshore and as a current offshore driver I consider myself one of the offshore employees it affects. The original Jigsaw concept appears to have been watered down into a cheap wishy washy version.

If the SAR aircraft are going to be used for public transport inter rig shuttling then how long will it be before they will be flying to Aberdeen with passengers? How long before the regional support vessels will be carrying freight inter rig or elsewhere? Would this be acceptable to you as well?

I support Jigsaw in its original format. What I see now is not an improvement in safety but a reduction. Dedicated SAR seems to have become semi SAR. How long will it be before the SAR aspect of it becomes hardly anything at all?

Why, with oil prices as high as they are can’t we have a decent safety system offshore and why can’t we voice our concerns?

So my answer is this - let’s have Jigsaw offshore but let’s do it properly. In the long term it could affect all of us.