PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 17:45
jbrereton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Watchman

Unfortunately, it means that they can go 6 weeks without winch training before going back offshore to do SAR and potentially go straight into a rescue situation. Glad I’m not going down the wire!

This is not a true statement you are obviously ill informed.

Just how long do you consider, and who's to say you are correct, to be too long away from the job?

There is another SAR aircraft based at Sumburgh.

No I am not a BOND spin doctor, if so I would have a silly name to hide behind, but I would say you are possibly a Bristows pilot as if you do not know me you do not work for either CHC-Scotia or Bond? So that explains why you are so negative.

I was a member of the OILC union at the time that this was all being decided in the early days so I am hardly ill informed.

The original concept had been for search-and-rescue helicopters and platform-based fast-rescue craft. Regional support ships have been added after discussions with employees.

One new vessel will operate in the central North Sea, a second in the northern sector and a third in the area in between. Each ship is designed to carry two autonomous rescue and recovery craft and two fast-rescue craft. The four ships will replace six standby ships which have a total of 144 crew.

These new arrangements will provide substantially improved capability for offshore search, rescue and recovery over a
wider range of weather and sea state conditions.

I really do not see what your gripe is.

Last edited by jbrereton; 25th Jun 2005 at 18:57.