PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Psychometric Testing
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 11:17
ROCKSTEADY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"teamwork, systems"

I dont remember that being included in the Stage 2 testing?

If they wanted to cull people, why not just raise their minimum requirements?

OK.

So the first part of the test is co-ordination. I think that with around 1500 hours flying, you will have gained some co-ordination. This 'airy-fairy' psych test failed to see a lack of co-ordination in some applicants I know of. People that actually failed the test, but got through cause they knew someone. One particular person was so clumsy, that she/he used to trip over herself/himself all the time. Great commander potential. He/she was also a very poor pilot.

Now what comes next, Englush testing. Well, I think anybody that can pass those intrinsic CASA exams bloody well passes an English exam as well.

Maths, OK. might be something here. But seriously not to the extent that they impose. Lets not go overboard guys. Whats an FMC for anyways??

Cubes?? What the hell does that have to do with flying straight and level. This should be used for Military ops more likely, or sending a monkey into space.

The rest is pretty fair. Psych is abit of bull too. The questions are too broad and could be misinterperated for too many situations.

Thats cuts down a 5 1/2 hour test to down to 2. Half the price perhaps.

All it comes down to these days is, he who has most money wins. If I had 800 dollars to throw away on books and tutoring, will I pass?

Please tell me who else makes you pay for an interview besides the Qantas group??

And they still need a merger to survive...Maybe they need a psych on their own management team. Ohhh sorry, that product was not tested on animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!